Monday 14 November 2011

10th-13th November

10th November: experimenting with tonal drawing, which gets rubbed back, then line drawing on top. It doesn't show up all that clearly on here, though.
11th November: another experiment- taking the weather into account and drawing- very quickly- with a chunky clutch pencil and woolly mittens. Somehow I think this is going to be a useful technique in the months to come... Plus I have a new rule, which is that if I have an idea like this I have to try it out straight away, and in at least three drawings... rather than ending up with a long list of things-I-might-try-one-day-but-never-quite-get-around-to.
12th November
13th November: at Sjöhistoriska Museet- ie the swedish National Maritime Museum. All sorts of excitment there- inlcuding carved wooden figureheads and lots of incredibly intricate models of ships.

No comments:

Post a Comment