Tuesday 7 February 2012

25th- 27thJanuary: blue light and beetles...

25th Januray: early morning blue light
26th January: there was so much exciting stuff to draw at the Swedish Natural History Museum that I had to go back by myself with sketchbook and pens. Found I was strangely fascinated by this box of beetles- I felt compelled to keep focusing on the biggest, brownest, ugliest ones which made me shudder, until I forgot what they were and just enjoyed drawing them. I'm sure there's a lesson in there somewhere...

Another from 26th January: this little creature was the coolest- and weirdest thing- and the name even better. If you click on the image you should be able to see the writing more clearly.
27th January: first part of a series using an old pop-up telephone directory.

No comments:

Post a Comment